South London Community
Helping Keep The South London Community Local
Sun August 18, 2019
- Boy needed stitches after Basingstoke park dog attack - The six-year-old suffered multiple bite wounds to his face, neck and hand in the attack.
- South Western Railway workers to hold four-day strike - The stoppage in August and September is part of the long-running guards dispute.
- E-fit image released after schoolgirl 'grabbed' in Fareham - The 12-year-old was walking her dog when she was approached by a man in his 40s.
- David Cann: Search for man missing in Turkey called off - The family of David Cann says no trace of the teacher has been found since he disappeared in July.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.