South London Community
Helping Keep The South London Community Local
Thu June 20, 2019
- Lucy McHugh, 13, 'murdered after pregnancy claim' - Stephen Nicholson stabbed Lucy McHugh who he had been abusing for more than a year, jurors are told.
- Southampton air-cleaning bus trial extended - A giant filter on the vehicle's roof aims to trap pollution in the air.
- Cruise ship worker killed by window-washing machine - Arshad Mehmood was working on a cruise when he was accidentally crushed by a window-washing device.
- Jane Austen letter appeal: Chawton museum seeks £10,000 - The letter was written to the author's niece Anna Austen in 1814.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.