South London Community
Helping Keep The South London Community Local
Tue February 18, 2020
- Basingstoke Town Football Club gets green light for stadium works - Basingstoke Town FC had to leave its home ground of more than 70 years when it was put up for sale.
- Southampton stabbing: Man arrested on suspicion of murder - A 49-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.
- Hayling Island: Council urged to install temporary sea defences - Storm Dennis has put large holes through timber sea defences which must now be removed.
- Kenneth Macartney: Tribute to man killed in Storm Ciara - Kenneth Macartney, 58, died when his car was struck by a falling tree on 9 February.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.