South London Community
Helping Keep The South London Community Local
Sun March 29, 2020
- Bob Weighton turns 112: The times and life of the world's oldest man - Bob Weighton, from Hampshire, turns 112 today. What has the world's oldest man lived through?
- Salisbury-to-Romsey landslip-hit rail line re-opens early - The route between Salisbury and Romsey was shut in February after the landslip during flooding.
- Coronavirus: New Milton mum's warning after son, 5, infected - Tanya Isaac says Byron was rushed to hospital on Thursday after his pain became "unbearable".
- Coronavirus: Wightlink suspends route after passenger numbers fall - Wightlink says it will suspend one of its Lymington to Yarmouth service due to falling demand.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.